SO = Decide on the title of the painting. Ideas come from conversations, line, photos, music etc.
Then plan the WHY, WHO, WHAT
What Emotional Response do you want from the Viewer?
Can you do this with COLOUR? Or FORM or MARK MAKING?
1. CONCEPT is the planning before the painting
2. CONCEPT adds authenticity to a painting
3. CONCEPT gives you the mental imagery to work with
4. Without CONCEPT there is no visual imager to work with (unless you copy photographs) and WHY would you?
5. When you can work with CONCEPT?
'Butterflies in my Tummy' = a series of paintings which were based on CONCEPT